Greek Catholic Cathedral of Blaj

The Holy Trinity Cathedral in Blaj is a very valuable baroque building located in a town of great significance for Romania’s history and for the Romanians. The cathedral was built between 1741 and 1749, based on the plans of the Viennese architects Anton and Johann Martinelli, being inspired by the Jesuit Church of Cluj. The building was expanded in 1838, when two monumental towers were added. Along with the Theological Academy, the Cathedral dominates the central square of Blaj.
Greek Catholic Cathedral of Blaj