Gherla Park

Gherla is a town in Cluj county, whose attestation dates back to 1291. A Roman camp was discovered on the actual hearth of the town. The town park was designed in English style and was inaugurated in 1864 being known as the 'Little Schönbrun'. The main alleys are oriented in directions of the cardinal and inter-cardinal points being a real „Wind rose”. In the park there exist various species of native, but also exotic trees, among them there are two Ginko biloba trees.
Gherla Park